CINS ARMY BRIEF
The 3Rd Annual Cins Awards
(This is our CINS Army Brief for September 2021. Learn more and subscribe here.)
And the “CINSY” for Baddest Actor in Cybersecurity goes to …
From REvil to DarkSide to BlackMatter, these probably-not-state-sponsored organizations have matured into highly organized and profitable businesses, with 24/7 customer service departments and enterprise-level administration. Umm, congratulations?
Check out the links below on RaaS and more, and catch up on everything you missed last month.
- Infamous ransomware gang REvil returns to the dark web
- Officials urge Congress to consider fining companies that fail to report cyber incidents
- Cyber Should be a Proactive and Team Sport, SBA CTO Says
- Ransomware now accounts for 69% of all attacks that use malware
- Hackers Are Going ‘Deep-Sea Phishing,’ So What Can You Do About It?
- Millions of malicious emails are still slipping past security filters
- This phishing-as-a-service operation is responsible for many attacks against businesses, says Microsoft
- Russian state hackers use new TinyTurla malware as secondary backdoor
- Attackers Spread Cobalt Strike Through Backdoor in Common Apps
- Rapid digitalization may leave smart cities open to cyberattacks
- U.S. Cyber Chief Says ‘Cyber Bullets’ Are Part of War on Hacks
- Bot attacks grow 41% in first half of 2021: LexisNexis
- 4 Steps for Fostering Collaboration Between IT Network and Security Teams
- 91% of IT teams have felt ‘forced’ to trade security for business operations
Put Us In Your Corner.
We back you up with managed threat protection, visibility, and support, 24/7.