CINS ARMY BRIEF
We Know What's Dominating The News Right Now. Here's All The News You Might Have Missed
This is our CINS Army Brief for February 2022, curating the most interesting cyber news from the past month. Learn more and subscribe here.
Let’s sift through some of the other cybersecurity news you may have missed.
How MSPs can Fill the Cybersecurity Skills Gap
In our experience, smaller MSPs are strong on IT services, but looking for help in cybersecurity. “Co-managed” services make a lot of sense, and work best when there’s transparency between vendors, the MSP, and the end-user as they all work together.
3 Ways to Ensure Cybersecurity for Legacy Systems
This article is basically a sales pitch for ZTNA, but he’s not wrong. I think we’d just add that network detection and response can act as a sort of independent set of eyes on legacy systems that are hard to upgrade or protect directly.
- Security warning: Hackers are using this new malware to target firewall appliances
- Report: 50% of all web applications were vulnerable to attacks in 2021
- Ransomware extortion doesn’t stop after paying the ransom
- HHS Warns of EMR, EHR Security Risks
- Skyrocketing cryptocurrency bug bounties expected to lure top hacking talent
- Security asset management should be buttoned down. It isn’t.
- Data Leaks from Education Ransomware Attacks Doubled in 2021, CrowdStrike Says in Global Threat Report
- You’ve got backup – but how safe are you?
- Ransomware gangs are changing their tactics. That could prove very expensive for some victims
- New Malware Used by SolarWinds Attackers Went Undetected for Years
- FBI warning: Scammers are posting fake job ads on networking sites to steal your money and identity
- These hackers are hitting victims with ransomware in an attempt to cover their tracks
Put Us In Your Corner.
We back you up with managed threat protection, visibility, and support, 24/7.