(This is our CINS Army Brief for December 2020. Learn more and subscribe here.)
Let’s just get this year over with, huh? The network security world is ending this already crazy 2020 with a bang – or shall we say, SUNBURST? Feast on the latest security news below, but be careful not to overindulge this holiday season. Here’s to a brighter, more secure future in 2021, y’all.
- Cisco targeted in SolarWinds attack as Microsoft uncovers a second hacking group
- From weaponized AI to threats against the vaccine rollout, here are 6 cybersecurity trends to watch in 2021
- Phishing emails: More than 25% of American workers fall for them
- FBI, CISA, MS-ISAC: Cybercriminals Increasingly Attacking K-12 Distance Learning
- Ransomware gangs are now cold-calling victims if they restore from backups without paying
- 6 Biggest Healthcare Data Breaches of 2020
- How phishing attacks continue to exploit COVID-19
- Criminals to Favor Ransomware and BEC Over Breaches in 2021
- Why I’d Take Good IT Hygiene Over Security’s Latest Silver Bullet
- Recommended Controls for Maintaining HIPAA Security Compliance
- SMB employees are scared they’ll be blamed for data breaches at work
- Cyber threats related to insider action now more common than outside threats
- New Security Approaches, New Threats
Put Us In Your Corner.
We back you up with managed threat protection, visibility, and support, 24/7.